Saturday, June 9, 2012

Game Of Thrones Top Ten: Men

I'm sort of mourning the end of Game Of Thrones.  On one hand, I've read the books, I know what happens! But on the other hand, HBO keep making enough changes that I'm left guessing what will happen, and I like that.  Therefore, I look forward greatly to the next series, I'm pretty excited with where they're going to take it.  Highlights included the zombies coming down towards the Night's Watch, the Battle of the Blackwater, Arya Stark and Tywin Lannister striking up a ridiculously cute and entirely unexpected friendship and of course Peter Dinklage's fantastic take on Tyrion.

This post is about none of these things.




It's one of my shallower ones in the spirit of this post that I did for my old Doctor Who blog.  Here, in ascending order, are my top ten lookers from the two series of Game Of Thrones. Spoilers abound. Enjoy!

10.  Finn Jones - Loras Tyrell


I wasn't particularly gone on Loras looks-wise in Season One, until he started interacting properly with Renly.  Even then it wasn't the looks I was particularly attracted to, it was the attitude.  Loras is a scheming, self-assured bastard.  I especially like the scene where he convinces Renly to claim the throne.

9.  Richard Madden - Robb Stark


Again, this was someone who I didn't really find attractive till Season 2.  There's a scene pretty early on in the series where he confronts a caged Jaime Lannister accompanied by his wolf Grey Wind and manages to completely burn Jaime.  So for about ten minutes Robb Stark became my favourite character, and then he managed to kill it later in the series by being an irresponsible jerk and not being able to separate sex and love.  The moron.

8.  Emun Elliot - Marillion


I know he's only in it for about two scenes, but hell yeah I would.  And then him and his lovely face popped up in Prometheus and cheered me up while Michael Fassbender was being creepy.


7.  Gethin Anthony - Renly


The best looking (only good-looking?!) Baratheon by a long shot.  I will miss you and your frequent toplessness, Renly.


6.  Karl Davies - Alton Lannister


Another one who was only in a couple of scenes but he made a huge impression on me.  Gods damn you and your escape plans, Jaime.  Gods damn you.

5.  Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Jaime Lannister


Yet may they also bless you, because you've just improved with every single episode you're in.  Bit of a pretty boy at the start (also, all that incest is just not very appealing) but throw him in chains, let him grow a beard and get absolutely filthy looking and hell to the yes.  Incredibly sexy in the last few episodes.  I really look forward to him and Brienne sparring at each other!

4.  Elyes Gabel - Rakharo


He's just an incredibly beautiful man.  The arms, the eyes, the hair.... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM SO UNCEREMONIOUSLY, HBO?! I loved him.  You broke my heart.

3.  Joe Dempsie - Gendry


He looks a little like Christian Bale.  That is good enough for me.  Now, just to have him in the show more often...

2.  Kit Harington - Jon Snow


First time I saw Kit Harington as Jon Snow I had to make a mad dash to IMDB to make sure I was legally allowed to fancy him (Jon being 14 in the books).  Thankfully, the actor is older than me and I was able to continue with my drooling.  Though unfortunately I haven't liked him as much in Season 2; he's just moody looking and communicates essentially in a series of grunts.  I still love him though.

1.  Tom Wlaschiha - Jaqen H'ghar


What can a girl say about a man that hasn't been said before?! My good God, he's just amazing looking.  Really super sexy and it's an utter shame that he had to change his face.  I do feel sorry for whoever portrayed the new Jaqen, because he's just going to be remembered as that fuck-ugly bastard who replaced the absolutely lovely Tom.  A man better get cast in all of the things from here on in so that I can keep looking at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment